The City of Tucson is seeking public comment on the proposed Sun Van fare increase, which would phase out Sun Van's low-income fare by July 1, 2014. There would be two fare increases for low-income passengers as detailed below. Effective July 1, 2014, there would be a single one-way fare for all Sun Van passengers if the fare increase is implemented.
Proposed One-Way Low-Income Fare Details
Current Fare - $1
Proposed Fare Effective Oct. 14, 2013 - $2
Proposed Fare Effective July 1, 2014 - $3
- Federal regulations require paratransit fares to be no more than twice the fixed route full fare. The cost to ride Sun Tran as a full fare passenger is $1.50.
- The City of Tucson is not required by federal regulations to provide a low-income for fixed route or paratransit services.
- The current cost per Sun Van paratransit trip is $28.75.
Attend the public hearing to submit comments to Mayor and Council about the proposed fare increase.
Tuesday, September 10
City Hall Mayor & Council Chambers
255 W. Alameda
Those who did not attend a public open house or are unable to attend the public hearing on the Sun Van proposed fare increase can still provide comments on the subject through September 9.
- By phone at (520) 798-1000
- By email at email@example.com