Our mission is to provide safe, efficient public transit service in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA). With our customers' needs in mind, Sun Van provides two types of service:
- Paratransit service complying with ADA regulations is referred to as "ADA Service," and
- In some instances, Sun Van is able to provide "Optional Service" which is above and beyond ADA paratransit regulations.
- Trips to or from areas within the 3/4-mile corridors of a Sun Tran fixed route.
- Trips provided on the same days and at same times that are available on a Sun Tran fixed route.
- Trips to or from areas beyond the 3/4-mile corridors and beyond times available on a Sun Tran fixed route.
- Same-day requests.
- Will Call scheduling.
- View the Sun Van How to Ride brochure for more information.
Sun Van is the complementary ADA paratransit service for Sun Tran serving the Tucson Metropolitan area and portions of Pima County. Sun Van provides service to and from points within three-quarters of a mile along each Sun Tran fixed route, excluding express routes, during the days and times that Sun Tran operates.
Trip origins and destinations must be within the Sun Van service area. To determine if your trip is within the service area, call Sun Van's Reservations Department at (520) 798-1000.
Outside the Service Area - Passengers can still use Sun Van, but it will be the responsibility of that passenger to get to and/or from the pick-up or drop-off point that is within the service area.
Monday - Friday, 4:15 a.m. to 12:30 a.m. - includes ADA trips along the corridors of any Sun Tran fixed route that operates extended hours.
Saturdays, 4:45 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Sundays, 5:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Please note when Sun Tran bus service is reduced after 6 p.m., Sun Van service is also reduced. Also passengers must be to their destination by the service ending time.
Holidays - Like Sun Tran, Sun Van runs a Sunday schedule for the following holidays: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas.